Thursday, April 14, 2011

Farmer's Market

I was recalling that my veggie drawer in my fridge was looking pretty sad and empty the other day. I had a couple dollars on me and remembered that the Crocker Galleria Farmer's Market is Thursdays at lunch time. So it was time to stock up on some healthy stuff.



The thing I like about Farmer's Markets is there's a lot to choose from. Granted the one I attended is smaller than some of the others located in San Francisco, but it's nice to see what treats folks sell. Everything from pastries, soap, fresh seafood, veggies, flowers ... a little bit of everything.

Today I bought

1 bunch of bok choy
1 bunch of broccoli
1 bunch of spinach
white potatoes
apples
mixed green salad

All for about $13. Not bad. It was fun trying to stick it in the fridge at work along with everyone else's lunch. This particular Farmer's Market is a bit on the more expensive side, but there's probably at least one Farmer's Market in every single neighborhood in San Francisco. There's bound to be one going on every day of the week and at all price ranges and the best part? They're all year around.

Do you like going to the Farmer's Market? Do you have any good ones located near you?

No comments:

Post a Comment