Thursday, April 28, 2011

Get well get well soon we want you to get well

Remember when Elaine sang that song pathetically during an episode of Seinfeld when her coworkers were making cakes for any occasion, even when someone was out sick for a day? Well, I didn't get a cake when I returned to work today, but I've been sick all week with a sore throat and needed to know why.

I popped on over my doctor's office during lunch and turns out I got hit with a mild cold AND allergies. Now last year I paid (probably close to $500 with insurance!) to find I'm allergic to cats and dust. What fun! Can't get away from dust and I know so many people with cats. Visiting them is fun! So my PA told me to rest, drink liquids and do sinus rinse.

Ah, the sinus rinse. Perfect for those of us with allergies, stuffed up noses from colds, post nasal drip, etc. I heard about sinus rinses a couple years ago and despite the freaky looking bottle and weird video, it actually works.

So I shall be rinsing away! For all that drippiness has caused my sore throat. Ugh! Glad I don't have pollen allergies because it's been crazy windy for the past week here. I'm not the only one with bad allergies, but it's not fun.

Once that's done, I shall work on my cards as I watch reruns of Sex and the City and Seinfeld!

No comments:

Post a Comment