Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning process

The fun but also annoying thing when it comes to being creative is you'll run into lots of bumps in the road.

Last night I tried again to laminate my bookmarks. I had purchased some self laminating sheets and figured it was probably easier than buying a laminating machine and so on. Well, I tried on Monday and that was a bust. So instead I was able to save my bookmarks and they are currently being turned into magnets. I got my new glass tiles in so I'm going to make a batch.

However, when I tried again last night to laminate, I ran into the same problem. Granted I was trying this at 11:30pm because I was waiting for my laundry to dry (I hate the machine downstairs), but I got so frustrated. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I kept thinking what a waste of money it was to spend on the package of sheets. Also the waste of money on 2 other items I purchased that also didn't workout ... ugh.

I finally realized that I can't be perfect at everything I attempt. Even if I follow instructions, do all sorts of reading up on how to do something that I will make mistakes. It's hard because I want it to happen right now and the way I want it to come out, but that's not what's going to happen all the time.

I need to remember that like anything, it takes practice and lots of patience to get something right. And even then, sometimes things happen.

So, tonight I will focus working on finishing up my magnets and get those all sorted out. It's better to focus on one thing at a time then trying to do a bunch of things which is what I've been doing lately and it's not working.

One step at a time ...

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I often feel that I waste money by not doing something properly the first time around. I keep telling myself that I'm fairly new at all of this and that I deserve to mess up some times! Plus, there are times when the biggest screw-ups turn into fantastic things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one! And yes, sometimes you end up with super cool results. Here's to getting through the down times!!

    ReplyDelete