Monday, April 25, 2011

Touch your toes

I'm taking a yoga class through the local community college. I started doing yoga probably about 5-6 years ago, off and on. I'd go through months without doing it and then do it here and there. They were offering yoga classes in the morning once a week at the studio (martial arts) I was working out at (doing cardio kickboxing) and it was really nice doing it on a weekly basis. Though I was only able to go because I didn't have a job at the time.

Then a couple years ago I won a 10 class card at an actual studio, however I think I've only used 3 of those up so far. It's kinda inconvenient to get to from where I live.

Anywho, turns out that the yoga classes are starting up at the martial arts studio and the big kicker, they're offering 2 evening classes. Yay! The times they've offered yoga, it's only been in the morning so it never worked for us folk who work regular business hours. So once my beginner yoga class at the local community college finishes, I won't have to pay for an outside source to take yoga classes or only have my yoga dvds at home.

I'm the type of person who has to be told what to do when it comes to exercising. It's why I've never been a member of a gym because I find it all intimidating trying to do something on my own while everyone else is there. I'm also lazy.

At least taking the community college yoga class, I don't feel like I'm not the only one who maybe can't do certain moves, because there are people who can touch their toes and some who can't. Everyone else is falling over in tree pose, not just me.

Even though at first I wasn't able to touch my toes the very first time I did yoga, I was pretty impressed tonight that I was able to fully do Plow Pose. Granted I don't look at graceful or "pretty" as the woman in the picture, but my toes touched the floor. Amazing. I was glad I made some progress as I had a hard time just kicked my feet over my head without giving myself some momentum. Now it's not at hard.

Have you tried yoga? Did you like it or does it not appeal to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment