Friday, August 26, 2011

Slowly getting back ...

Well, I wasn't expecting to take a long hiatus, but I did. Partly because I've been feeling uninspired lately. The other reason is my grandmother passed away early this month. Things were pretty much a blur for about 2 weeks. Granted she was 89 years old and I knew she wasn't going to live forever, but it's hard when you know it's about to happen. I was thankful that my family and I were able to say goodbye to her and that she knew we were all there for her.



Now, I'm trying to get used to this new "normal" whatever that is by taking it one day at a time. I still haven't unpacked my clothes and my bedroom's a mess. It was weird coming back to San Francisco and returning to work. It took me about a week to really sort out what was going on. Actually it was the same when I came back to my apartment.

Anyway, September is just around the corner. Seems like this year is flying by. Summer is winding down and the fog is still here. Nothing like a foggy summer in San Francisco, right? How's your summer been?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Welcome back. Take time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss, Imelda.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about your Grandmother. The photo (of her?) is delightful.

    ReplyDelete