Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finding the path to ...

Over the last couple weeks, I've been really trying to put forth the effort to take care of myself. Whether it be getting a massage, working out, doing a quick session of yoga, volunteering at a local garden or taking time out for myself to just relax. And in a way, it's been hard but I'm slowly getting used to it. It's really, really nice I must say.

I'm not a big Oprah fan. I watched episodes of her show here and there when it was on. She launched her own network OWN and a few weeks ago started a show called Lifeclass. I found out about it because inspirational speaker Iyanla Vanzant was going to be on. The basic concept of this show is to work towards making your life better and to be happier. She touches on a lot of different topics, most which everyone at some point in life has dealt with (anger, resentment, loss, etc.).

The one thing that really struck me is was the episode that talked about finding your calling or purpose. So many people I know are stuck in their life. Or feeling like they're starting over but not sure what to do about their jobs, finance, relationships, etc. Wondering, "What am I supposed to be doing?"

I sometimes think that. What am I going to be doing in 10 years. Am I still going to be working at my current job? If not, what am I going to be doing? Will my Etsy shop take off if I keep working at it or will it fail?

I don't know. But it's ok. Not knowing isn't the end of the world. All I know is to keep doing what brings me happiness or joy and that's enough. Things will fall into place when they are supposed to. It may happen as I like it, or it may not. And to not give up if something isn't happening as I see it or as quickly as I want it.

I even started a Gratitude Journal to start focusing on the positive stuff that's going on rather than the negative stuff. Boy it's easy to see the bad stuff when it seems like that's all that's going on.

In short, it's time to start looking on the bright side and focusing on the things that bring you happiness and joy. Life is too short to focus on the "I can't" and time to look at life as "I can." The sky's the limit, don't limit yourself because of what you think you can't do. It's all in your mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment