Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

It's been too long since I've posted. I've attacked the tamale making tradition, hit up the aquarium again and a bunch of other stuff over the last couple weeks! So I have to back track a bit ...

I had a really nice Thanksgiving. It was my first holiday without my grandma who passed away in early August so in that sense it was hard. It was probably her favorite holiday because she loved cooking and she would welcome anyone who wanted to join us for it.

To honor her and of course keep to Thanksgiving going, I ended up doing desserts. I ended up asking my best friend to help me because we were going to have my little niece and nephew show up early evening and it's pretty hard to work in the kitchen with little kiddies around.

It took us 7 hours, but we managed to make 4 pumpkin pies, 1 apple pie, pumpkin spice muffins and 1 pumpkin mousse tart. They all came out awesome, well except for the tart. That was too orangy for some reason, it was kinda weird. But everything else was yummy. It was my first attempt to make a pie from scratch (apple) and I gotta say I was pretty proud of myself!

We were exhausted getting things together, but it was totally worth it. The kiddies put on a random show while we ate and they sang about food which was pretty funny.

Overall it was bittersweet, but I think we did my grandma proud. We didn't burn anything, the turkey didn't fall on the floor while taking it out of the oven nor did we drop a pie. Everyone was full which is a prefect way to end a good meal.

If you celebrated Thanksgiving, what was your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment