Friday, January 6, 2012

Organization tips

I spent part of Sunday and Monday organizing my supplies. I stopped at IKEA and picked up some inexpensive boxes to put my cardstock, supplies, photos and other do dads in so at least I wasn't looking through bags (gasp!) to make my cards. Plus it's way easier to grab a box and know exactly what's inside.

I love love organization. Who doesn't? It makes it easier to find things, it looks clean, it's less stressful and it's a time saver. I probably need to purge my bedroom and probably my hall closet, but like most people when they see a mess, you want to avoid it because it's overwhelming.

Though it doesn't stop me from drooling over boxes or other containers at stores like the Container Store. I love reading tips about organization. I was looking at an article about de-cluttering and found some awesome creative organizational tips that I thought I'd share. Here are some of my favorite.

Use tin cans to store office supplies


Wine rack for yarn storage


Hang boxes on the wall


Pillbox for embellishments


Organize your freezer with baskets


Shower caddy to organize supplies

8 comments:

  1. Me too! I love organization. These are great ideas. Thanx for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a big reorganisation of my craft supplies too - I procrastinated for days but now I've done it I feel rather pleased with myself!

    Love those colorful tin cans - great idea! And I also like the pill box for tiny embellishments, very clever the way they have the embellishment on the lid for easy identification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the best feeling when it's actually organized. I love the little pill boxes too, very clever!

      Delete
  3. I'm an organization junkie as well - I'd have everything in little labeled containers if I could! You've found some great ideas. The painted cans are soooo cute! Now to find the time to do it all!

    Empty On the Inside
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the time is always the hard part. It's hard sorting it out all out and then to make it functional and of course, cool to look at ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love those cans!!! They look great. Wish my studio space looked so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish I had a designated room to make into a studio. The cans are awesome!

      Delete