Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lightbox project

After taking lots of product photos and continually being annoyed at how my images come out, I finally broke down and made a lightbox.



Now because I'm extra lazy and cheap I didn't want to have to go buy extra lamps. I have one lamp that's bendy, but all the other lights I have are stationary. I cut up a box, but of course it was way too small. I don't know what I was thinking. But I found a larger box, used some tissue paper and ta-da, a lightbox.



Lighting the darn thing was another issue. With a few props (yoga blocks, DVDs, DVD remote) and laying some lamps down on their side, I had a decently lit box.



I spent the evening taking pictures (over 500!) and popped them into Photoshop. Auto corrected the levels and the end result is below.


I have to say I was really surprised at the results. I wish my lights were better as there was some glaring, but overall I'm pretty happy with my box. I only spent 99 cents on the poster board from Walgreens. Have you made a lightbox?

1 comment:

  1. Our light boxes could be twins. I made mine about 2 years ago. It's been through the war, but I love it's simplicity. I don't use lights any more, I put my lightbox on a small table by a sunny window.
    Your end result is perfect!

    Kindly,
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete