one Post these rules.
two Post a photo and the eleven random things.
three Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you.
four Create eleven new questions for the people you tag.
five Go to their blog (or Facebook or Twitter) and tell them they’ve been tagged.
1. I still order Bubblegum ice cream if I'm at a place that offers it. Same with chicken strips with bbq and fries. I'm still a kid a heart and I'm nearing ... well you don't need to know. But I'm not 8 years old!
2. I like orange juice and pineapple juice, but I won't eat the actual fruit. The actual fruit makes me want to gag.
3. In college, I was radio & tv broadcast major. For a media writing class we had to start writing the script for a TV show. I picked Seinfeld. Jerry was dating a woman who was blind but for some reason kept suggesting going to museums or movies for their dates and he was trying to figure out if she really was blind. George got into a kerfuffle getting on a bus to go to a job interview and had a fight with an old woman because he wouldn't give up his seat ... let's just say the old lady shows up later and George freaks out at his job interview.
4. I'm obsessed with penguins and if I had the money, I would totally go to the Falkland Islands to see them in person.
5. I really dislike shopping. Mostly for clothes, shoes, etc. I find it draining. I like to get in and get out as quick as possible. I only really shop when everything is falling apart, it's quite sad really.
6. I have naturally curly hair, but it wasn't till in Jan 2011 that I really started to accept it. I had been blow drying it straight for a couple years. I blow dryed it straight for the first time a few months back to see how it'd look. It looked horrible. I'll stick with my curls, thank you very much.
7. I rarely, if at all, listen to the radio. I used to listen to the radio a lot when I lived back home with my parents because I drove around a lot. I don't have a car in San Francisco and when I do get a Zipcar, I plug in my iPod instead.
8. I had a segment produced on TV back in ... 2003 or so. I was an intern for the cable network TechTV. It was on blogs oddly enough. It was a fun experience.
9. When I was a toddler, the first language I spoke was Spanish. Now English is my primary language and I'm far from being fluent in Spanish.
10. I used to want to be an architect when I was a kid. I loved drawing homes. Then I realized you had to be good at math. I suck at math. That dream went out the window. I still like to drool over homes though.
11. At my previous job, I got to speak to James Spader, Fran Healy (UK Band Travis), Roberta Flack, Conan O'Brien, Andre Rieu (yeah, I know), Paul McCartney's band, Max Weinberg (Bruce Springsteen's drummer, Conan O"Brien's former drummer for his show) and Cary Elwes (Westley from the film, The Princess Bride).
Bonus: I'm a bit obsessed with the UK. Love music from there and enjoy their TV ... Only Fools and Horses, Hotel Babylon, IT Crowd, Goodnight Sweetheart, The Office ...
Questions from Heidi at Row House 14 who tagged me:
1. Where is your favorite place in the whole world?
I don't really have a favorite place. Sometimes my bed, on a cold day or the lawn chairs that over look Moonstone Beach in Cambria, CA at the Cambria Shores Inn. They serve goodies throughout the day for their guests and you can watch the Pacific Ocean with a cup of tea and a warm cookie.
2. Do you call it soda or pop?
3. What is your favorite song of all time?
I don't have a favorite song either. There's too many songs and for various reasons why they rock. Some songs on my iTunes that have had the most plays are Coldplay's "Death and all his Friends" and Duncan Sheik's "The Dawn's Request". I also like other stuff like Robbie William's "Come Undone" and Goldfrapp's "Happiness."
4. Do you prefer cooking or dining out?
I really like cooking when I'm in the mood or I find a cool recipe. Then again I'm a Taurus and I like a fine meal. I'd like to eat out at some fine establishments, but my bank account would be much more drained. I'm the type of person who will wait in line to eat a good meal and I'm not talking about the Cheesecake Factory either. San Francisco has too many restaurants that you're bound to find something to awesome to eat.
5. What 's the best experience you've ever had in your lifetime?
Best experience? Hmmm, no idea. One cool experience I had was getting a massage in the water at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland in freezing temperatures. It was a stormy day (it was the dead of winter) and lightening and thunder was probably less than a mile away from us. It started hailing and raining while I was lying face up getting massaged in the water. Very cool. Don't worry, everyone was asked to get out of the water for our safety. Couldn't have had that anywhere. It was so nice to get back into the warm water!
6. Any pets?
No, no pets. I've had fish when I was a kid though. I wish I could have pets where I live because I'd get a dachshund and name him Sir Duncan the Great. Yup, that's what his dog tag would say too.
7. What's the most important part of your day?
Probably breakfast time because if I don't eat, I'm thrown all off the rest of the day. If I eat too late my schedule is a mess. Or I get to work and I'm starving then I gotta scramble for some meal.
8. Favorite artist?
Yikes, again no favorite. Too many musical favorites, I have Etsy favorites and others to narrow it down.
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
It might be fun to be the person who comes up with the fun names for make up, or crayons.
1. What's your favorite word?
2. What's something you do only when you're alone?
3. What's a book that you'd recommend to someone that they should read?
4. Favorite quote?
5. If you had to deal with a natural disaster, would you want to deal with it annually (such as tornado/hurricane season) or not know (earthquake) and not have any time beforehand to prepare for it (pack up and leave)?
6. What's your favorite way to relax and unwind?
7. When are the times you are most inspired, most motivated, most charged up?
8. Do you keep up with the trends going on in our culture (do you get the latest gadget, read latest book, etc.)?
9. What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
10. Favorite comfort food?
11. For fun, if you were a hotdog and you were starving, would you eat yourself?
I'm tagging ... Lisa, Kimberley, Annie and Emily